Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Brief Warning

I would like to considerately request that all weird-looking bugs vacate my bedroom ASAP. I really don't know how you're getting in, but if you get any scarier-looking, the Killer Bug Spray is going to make an appearance. I just want to know one thing: why, WHY, are you attracted to my pajamas?! Don't you know how disturbing it is to stagger into one's bedroom after a long day and find a palm-sized grasshopper atop one's bed? Please, go after the food in the kitchen. I'll even leave some out for you if you promise to attack it and not my bed.


This also goes to the mini-lizards attempting to invade my entryway. Don't think that just because I'm trying to take the garbage out at 7:30 AM, pre-tea-consumption and still a little blurry-eyed, that I didn't notice you scooting in as soon as the door was open. You'll have to do much better than that. Hiding under my shoe-cabinet amidst the dust-bunnies and old spiderwebs won't work either; my broken-down-cardboard-milk-container, now turned into a bug/lizard/other-small-pest catching device, can reach all the way into the corners. So don't even try it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mini-lizard? I'll have you know that I'm a Tsushima smook skink, gaikokujin.

Anonymous said...

Whups--that was "smooth."

Kiwi said...

I double-checked with a few people, and they said it had to have been a "yamori," or gecko. Too small to be a smooth skink.